A product’s Harmonized Tariff Schedule (“HTS”) classification determines the amount of duties, taxes, fees, other applicable import and export requirements and is an integral part of necessary landed cost calculations. We offer country-specific HTS classification analysis to ensure that you are complying with the law, paying the correct amounts on your imported and exported products and having the best possible information for your sourcing and pricing decisions.
Should a questionable HTS classification present a significant duty impact or challenging import or export requirement, such as safety documentation or pre-arrival testing, our experienced team of professionals will work with you to review that HTS classification to ascertain its accuracy, which may result in lower duties and/or less restrictive requirements. In many instances, a comprehensive review of both product specifications and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, will allow us to legally “engineer” your classifications to maximize your savings while fully complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Whether you are importing or exporting ten parts or ten thousand, we will determine the correct country-specific HTS classifications for your parts. We will create and maintain a master tariff classification database, in whatever electronic format you choose, which will provide an accurate and consistent reporting tool for both you and your service providers.
- Customized service to fit your needs
- Strong background working with the global trade management modules of the major
- ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in handling product classifications across multiple industries including raw materials, WIP and finished goods
- Ability to handle all sizes of HTS classification projects
- Demonstrated project management focusing on prioritization, deliverables and satisfaction
- Proven results providing tariff classification rationale for audit-trail purposes